Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Unit 5

  1. Compare and contrast the Loving Kindness exercise and the Subtle mind exercise. Explain your experience including the benefits, frustrations etc.

    • I think both were interesting meditations.  I especially enjoyed the Loving Kindness Exercise.  However the Subtle mind practice made me more aware of my breath during the week.  I found that I was holding my breath and when I tuned into what was going on I realized that my mind was busy, being busy thinking about absurd things that really shouldn't have been allowed to enter my consciousness because I definitely don't want them to manifest in this reality.


  1. Discuss the connection of the spiritual wellness to mental and physical wellness. Explain how the connection is manifested in your personal life.

    •  4 years ago I was severly stressed out. We'd just purchased a house and my husband wad being deployed to Iraq 2 weeks after we made settlement. For that entire year I was sick, I mean sick, sick. in and out of the hospital had every test know to man it was horriable.  When he got home things started getting better my stress levels went down a little. Im not on the volumes of medicine that I was on previously and I'm actaully getting my health together.   As I grow spirtually and mentally I feel like my physical improves.  I'm still very much a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment