The assessment is to take each part of the levels of development
and choose a quadrant to focus on. I
chose the psycospiritual quadrant to concentrate on this week because it is
where I am growing the most rapidly and it has added some stress to my life because
my paradigm is shifting and my focus is changing from myself to others as I am
learning to walk in faith. Even though
that is the area where I’m spending the most time, they are all inter connected
so one can’t help but effect the others.
As I’m learning to quiet my mind, I am also learning to look at things
and break them down to their smallest part and begin working from there. I’m easily overwhelmed by tasks because I
like many women pride themselves on being able to multi-task and I often have
trouble focusing. I have a bad habit of
being impatient and stressing about everything. I have two illnesses which are exacerbated
by stress, high blood pressure and diabetes. I realize that I don’t have to have these
issues but before I can address the biological I need to address the phychospiritual
to slow down and stop worrying about everything. Meditation and Prayer are a big factor in
helping to reduce my stress levels. This week, I’ll be adding yoga as part to
help the physical part and help to reduce the physical stress manifestation very
tight muscles. I’m finding that as I
remove the focus from myself and start focusing on other people that it’s
easier. Two things happened today that
would have normally sent me into a fit but I prayed about it and let it go and
one of them has worked it’s self out and I’m sure the other one will too. Is I started to get upset and worry about how
I was going to meet the deadline I was facing I decided to let tomorrow take
care of it’s self. I recognized last
week that there are so many other people in the world with bigger problems than
mine. The loving kindness exercise also
is a great way to foster selflessness.
No comments:
Post a Comment